27.1.10

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?

I've just been looking at... well, some might call it 'stalking' I guess... hmm yeah, I've just been stalking old school friends, no... not 'friends' as such... classmates, yeah... hmmm. This is going horribly wrong. Let me start again.



I've just been stalking old classmates on Facebook. The beautiful people; fabulously gawwwgeous classmates from back in the day who took great pleasure in mocking the fat lonely lump amongst them at every given opportunity. Whilst you'd expect them to still be thin and fabulous now, you'd be wrong. Time hasn't been as kind to some of them as you'd expect. GOOD! I was quite surprised to see the once 'beautiful people' in such a miserable state. Some of them have ballooned up bigger than I and their lavishly looking locks of lucious hair have been replaced with receding hairlines and bald patches. (and that's just some of the women.) I've always been on the 'chunky' side, I've maintained the chunkiness from my teens and carried it into my thirties. I look in the mirror and just feel old nowdays, it's still the same fat face staring back at me though. It must be so odd for the once fabulously beautiful people to now look in the mirror and think "where did my looks go?" Maybe they don't even think this but I took great pleasure in hoping they do. I remember the put-downs, the snide remarks and the looks that occured daily throughout school, on not just me but anyone that wasn't thin and fabulous. Well who's laughing now?

Don't get me wrong, there are still some 'beautiful people' from school that remain beautiful to this very day, it was a good trip down memory lane to see familar faces. I had a good nose about on the non-private profiles so didn't actually have to add any of them to see things. Some of them have moved away from Leicester, Some have good jobs and most of them are married with kids, which brings me to my final observation of the night:

There are some fucking UGLY babies about.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! dave-a-reno you never fail to amuse me with words :O) oh and p.s. YOU are beautiful to me. always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spookily enough I was doing the same yesterday! Remember my friend (well he was) Danny? I was texting his ex best friend and he came up in convo, so I had a nosey at his profile and nearly fainted at well he hasn't aged! Let's just say he could get work as Julian Clary's double.....

    ReplyDelete