12.1.10

SONGS [AND A QUICK MOAN] FROM THE RED ROOM.

I have tummy ache. Quite uncomfortable actually, like I've swallowed a small rodent and it's still alive in there scurrying about. I think the lack of sleep from previous nights is catching up with me, coz I feel dog rough, although I did get some sleep lastnight. (Until the phone woke me up, yes thanks for that Michael!! haha. I kid.) Following our txt marathon I dragged myself out of bed and flopped infront of the PC to check Facebook. Same shit - Different day, but I suppose I'd moan if it were any different.

I ventured into Wigston eventually and managed to post some T. Pig stuff out to people. *quick rant about the postal service coming up* 90p to post the same postcard to USA but 30p to the UK. WHAT is that all about?!?! Bloody rip-off merchants. I posted them though, and they do look rather fabulous. Things with Mum seem easier, we went shopping together and had a chat. Well, she talked - I listened as we walked, but that's progress right? I'd originally planned to have coffee with her after we got back, but we bumped into Sylvia who whisked her away for the very same so I made it back to the attic alone. *scoffs chocolate hobnob biscuits* What? Do you REALLY think I'd expect coffee with someone and not bring home the biscuits? I had coffee alone but in reality passed on the biscuits coz of my small-rodent. (Tummy? Remember? Keep up!) We'll have chocolate hobnobs later.



I've been listening to the new Shakespears' Sister album "Songs From The Red Room" and I can honestly say I'm somewhat disappointed in it. My first impression was "Why in the name of crappy biscuits did I pay £6.99 for this SHIT?" Don't even get me started on the "la la la's" or the "ooh baby baby's" But having listened several times and grown used to it, there are some very good tracks on it. [Loaded Gun, Hot Room] Some not so good, [Pulsation, Bad Blood.] but the good ones more than make up for that. I'm glad I bought it now, but maybe if I'd have bought it sooner and not built up my expectations for a fabulous album from tracks 1 to 12 then possibly I wouldn't have been so disappointed. Are you taking notes Moe? You'll be reviewing it for the magazine.

All in all it's been a very slow uneventful day, made even more uneventful by the fact I can't get hold of JAM. (Not Hartley's conserve, JAM = Joan Armstrong Morton, my therapist, for anyone who doesn't know. She is also likely to get a link to this blog at some point - so wave to her!) I've tried several times over the last few days to get through to her, I've had the standard "She's in a meeting" yesterday and today I'd just missed her apparantely. LIES!!! Phone me back woman.

Until then... I'm heading back to the red room for a few more songs. Geddit?

*watches tumbleweed roll over the blog*

Oh...

4 comments:

  1. LOL @ not Hartley's JAM and "Why in the name of crappy biscuits...."

    Are you sure you've not swallowd Minnie? She's been very quiet around here lately! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't swallowed anyone yet this year. (more's the pity!) :p

    JAM called. I'm seeing her tomorrow morning at 11am. Just for half an hour tho, not a full session, but least it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ more's the pity!!

    Oh, she can spare half an hour! Good of her. Ask why you can see Dr. Mann anymore - ask if it's because she's fallen out with him! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get all the gossip tomorrow at 11am.

    ReplyDelete