8.1.10

OH HAPPY DAY.

I didn't wanna get out of bed this morning. I knew as soon as I did my day would start. There was a blizzard of snow today and worst of all I knew I was running low on supplies. (There wasn't a Toblerone in the house.) For fear of being snowed in I was about to ask my Mum if she'd give me a lift to Tesco in the car when *surprise* she barked up the stairs and said "I'm going to Tesco, do you want anything?" well, a lift would be nice.

Thankfully the snow had died right down so we got to Tesco pretty easily. Once inside though it was a different story, it seems everyone was panic-buying. Don't you just hate that? When they think the shops might be closed for a day because of bad weather or whatever everyone runs to Tesco and buys all the bread. I got everything I needed and quite a few things I didnt. (Hey, I was panic-buying and you never know when you might need a multipack of rim-blocks for the toilet.)

Mum had to collect a prescription from Little Hill Chemist on the way back and as we pulled up outside I saw it... glowing in the distance... THE CHIP SHOP!! Like a beacon of greasy light through the falling snow. *slurrrp* As every fat bastard does, I get alittle moist when I see a chip shop, but as some of you know I have this phobia about going into public places, even more so on my own, and I'd already braved Tesco but with my Mum getting out of the car to collect her prescription and knowing that she'd have to wait to collect it I seized my chance. There was no-one queuing and if I could get inside I could order as much as I could carry!! So thats what I did. I ran, slow-motion-like (coz of the icey bits) through the snow and pressed my face up against the steamy window of the chipshop like not-so-Tiny Tim. "Battered sausage and some chips please, feel free to pile them on!" Its not like I never get to have chips from the chip shop. *looks at Joe* but knowing I got them myself made them taste pretty darn good. Until I got home and Moe confiscated them that is...



wot a BASTARD!

4 comments:

  1. We've not had much snow yesterday or today, although I've not gone to work because the old snow is still thick and it's very icy on the roads. More predicted @ the weekend so dunno if I will work Monday. I need to earn some money - much as I ADORE being 'snowed in'! :D And if I'd gone to work I could NEVER have kept up with the FB drama!

    LOL @ your mum 'barked' up the stairs' and 'glowing like a beacon of greasy light' and 'not-so-tiny Tim'! :D HAHAHAHA @ Moe confiscating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moe is watching BadGirls as we speak. Talk about HOGGING the TV, and he's wrapped up in the new snuggly throw I bought from Tesco a week ago.

    Yeah, being snowed in is fine until you realise you're not earning any money. Hopefully it won't last too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, love this entry! Well done for getting the greasy goodness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A minute on the lips... a lifetime on the hips!

    ReplyDelete