3.1.10

WELCOME...

I've been trying to kick-start this blog for a while now. Last year when I set it up I said I'd start on January 1st, yet nothing came. Three days later, still nothing, not for the want of trying but if I don't start it now I never will. I wanted somewhere to vent/moan/rant/whatever, that wasn't being thrust in peoples faces on Myspace or Facebook at every turn. That's not to say I won't link to here from those places from time to time but In theory I can keep those places for laughs or general status 'bitching' as I often do. You can come here to read my rants, or not, it's totally up to you. You don't even have to acknowledge you've been here but I'd like to think as I'm writing them someone will eventually be reading. Writing blogs is very therapeutic in itself, even if you don't actually hit 'send' or 'publish' sometimes just throwing words down onto the screen is enough. we'll see.

I have so much to say at times, but can never find the right words to form the sentences. It comes out as insane ramblings or 'needy' desperation and that's not fair because sometimes what I have to say is important, to me anyway. I guess those who know me well, will know I'm not the most 'together' person they've ever met, at times I am an emotional wreck and I give up on life so easily. Sometimes it's easier just to give in, "I can't do it so I won't." or "Help me and I'll try." I've been guilty of this so many times and all it's done is drive people away. Good people, people I care so much about.

I feel quite in control at the moment. (surprise!) I know it would be so easy to let go, so simple to just 'give up' again and roll over to die. Once upon a time I would have done just that and shut the world out, but now I feel I owe it to myself and the very few people around me who actually do care to hang on in there, to keep holding on, because however hard things get or however alone I feel (and I do feel SO ALONE at times, even with so many friends around me sometimes there's just no-one to connect to, no-one to make that mutual acknowledgement that life can be shit at times and know that someone else out there feels exactly the same as I do.) something will come along to change that eventually.

I made such a mess of 2009 on so many levels and already I can see myself taking steps in the wrong direction in 2010, but the difference now is I'm aware of my errors and I'm trying so hard to rein them in and backtrack when I need to before they do any lasting harm and I can avoid making a total mess of things. It's not easy when you lack confidence and find yourself surrounded by confident people. At times it hurts more than anyone will ever understand to know that you're the weaker member of the group. But I'm still here aren't I? Maybe there's hope after all.

12 comments:

  1. Well, you're doing better than me! I could/can never articulate my thoughts in writing, so I don't and have no intention of doing so, which is why I hate writing so much! lol I can, of course, gob off in person! :D I just find it harder with writing - not my forte.

    You're not alone - even if you feel it. We all feel it sometimes (or a lot), but we're not. It's just sometimes the people who are talking to you aren't who you want to hear from or aren't saying what you want to hear. Life is shit for everyone sometimes - anyone. No-one feels 'exactly' the same - similar maybe, but not exactly the same. Everyone has their own problems, even if they are hidden, and no-one can understand them exactly as we'd like them to.

    You didn't make a mess of 2009 - you did loads more than you've ever done before! LOADS!!! And you're not the weaker member of the group at all! Far from it! Most definitely the most vocal, so maybe you have more confidence than others? Or not? Depends whose eyes you're looking through, I suppose.


    But you are still here, and SHALL REMAIN! Don't take any bollocks is all! *and that's not confidence talking, just common sense!* ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 U KATE!

    omla @ most vocal. well REALLY!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I <3 you too!! I almost didn't send my last comment - was FAR too vocal and wordy for my liking! Feel privileged! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do!! I wasnt expecting anyone to reply but I've had such an amazing response from people that have. It means alot that people have taken time to read my ramblings. (The downside is of course now I'll post more. haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I hate the capathcha shit *or whateva it's called* you have to do to post a comment with this site! lol I'm going to bed! Bastard work tomorrow! :( HOW is my two week break over already?! So wrong! BTW, back on a Kate Bush phase! Have been enjoying her choooons tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I played 'the red shoes' to death recently. haha. It's always good to have a bit of KB though. Nit-Nit-Noelle! Hopefully time at work will fly by! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. I wouldn't call it 'rambling' - more of an essay! *I JEST!* :D Keep posting! BUT.... You've had you're one and only (frame it) long wordy response from me! I truly do HATE writing! :D Give me photoshop any day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listening to 'Song of Solomon now! Fab! Really am going to bed now!! *makes self go*

    ReplyDelete
  9. pps. time at work won't fly by - I have THE SLOWEST judge in the world tomorrow with a MASSIVE list! Look up 'courtserve.com' and go to 'Daily List' on the left-hand side. Then scroll down to 'Chelmsford' and I am in Court 1. TOTAL BASTARD DAY tomorrow! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. *squeep* @ total bastard of a day. I guess all good things must come to an end though. Won't be long before Javea is calling! Plus I'll be inviting myself to Woodford again before you know it. haha! I shall print off and frame your wordy response and treasure it forever. :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dave- I'm so happy you blogged! I agree with Kate’s first comment…I couldn’t have said it better. You are definitely not alone and you have so many people that care about you (like moi!) even if you don’t feel it at times. This will hopefully be a good outlet for you to vent and get things off of your chest. It’s a new year, and there’s hope and I have positive feelings for you. *biggest hugs ever*

    ReplyDelete
  12. No matter how alone you feel, you're not. And there's always hope - you just have to keep it in your head that you WON'T give up, no matter what. Anybody who truly cares about you won't give up on you either. If you weren't a strong person, you wouldn't still be here. So know that you ARE strong, even at your weakest moments.

    ReplyDelete