26.1.10

PREPARATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS

I'm in party mode already, which is unusual for me because normally I leave everything until last minute.com when we have guests coming but today I made a start on preparations for the weekend. One of which included errecting Marvin's birthday sign outside.

The downside of living on a street full of pensioners is they're always at home and the second you step outside, the nets start twitching to keep an eye on your business. You can imagine their delight when not only did I leave the house but I was a fair target stuck at the front of the house to be pounced upon for gossip. Mum was with me too, we were putting the sign up above the door when Sylvia leaps from her house quicker than a gas explosion bellowing across the road "Whose birthday is it?" [Had she waited 5 minutes until the sign was up properly she would have known without asking.] Mum explained it was "One of the pigs" to which they exchanged a quick chuckle/eye roll and Marvin's name was revealed in all it's glory for Sylvia to read aloud. "So it's not just a birthday, its an extravaganza is it?" Yes, got a problem with that?

Before Sylvia could leave, someone else stuck her oar in, a pensioner I don't know walking past with her dog. Again with the question "I didn't know it was anyones birthday?" Mum replied with "one of the pigs." again and then the dog this woman was holding on a lead started going ape shit when he saw our dog starring back at him through the glass of the porch door. Thankfully Richard, who was also outside had the foresight to run indoors when he saw my Mum coming. (She loves a good gossip does my Mum.)



Accompanied by the latest Goldfrapp mix that Brett made I've hoovered, polished, fluffed and buffed everything in the 'party' room, so god help anyone that messes it up before Saturday. Tomorrow I'll attempt the bombsites that are my livingarea/bedroom/bathroom. *gulp* I have my appointment with Doctor Powar tomorrow so I'm hoping that goes well. I'm nervous but am not in the mood to take any shit from him. BRING IT ON!

4 comments:

  1. LMFAO @ quicker tha a gas explosion! *tuts* @ quick chuckle/eye roll! Do they htink Marv's birthday is to be scoffed at? PMSL @ thankfully Richard had the foresight to run back indoors! :D

    Dr. Powar!! Powar to the People?!?!?! Dr. Mann - Mister Mann! You do pick some funny named doctors! lol Anyway - hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say that to him on arrival. "Powar to the people!" it might break the ice. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. My dad practically used binoculars to spy on the neighbors. It was his entertainment. That and sitting on the front porch waving at strangers as they drove by.

    Marvin's birthday deserves a big hulabaloo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I love spying on the neighbours too, I'm just not as obvious about it as they are at spying on me. *grin*

    ReplyDelete