11.1.10

DISCONNECTED CHILD

I'm still at odds with my Mum, we've barely spoken throughout the Christmas period and when we have it's been snappy from both sides. I don't understand this. Without playing the victim card too much, I feel she blames me for the drama that erupted over 'Snow-White and her Seven attitude problems' which resulted in me ducking out of Christmas. Whenever we've spoken since then there's been this tone of resentment and I have just had to close the door in her face several times when we've started speaking and its gone from snappy to just insulting. I feel terrible for this but I argue enough with friends without having to carry that on with family members.

It's getting to the point now where we have crossed words on a daily basis. I need to stop this before it's too late and rein in some of the arguments. It's hard though, and it's not just me. When we are speaking it seems the day starts on an argument as it often does lately when I'm woken up to be told what I've done wrong this time, it sets the tone for the rest of the day so when we do cross paths again, in the hall or wherever, neither of us are speaking to each other, so we never clear the air. I've stopped arguing back now but that hasn't stopped her charging at me like a bull in a china shop if something meets with her disapproval. It's hard not to snap back at someone when they break the silence and introduce themselves with an almighty huff, listing everything you've done wrong between now and 1985 in one breath. Literally the only way to stop her voicing her disapproval sometimes is to just close the door on her. (and lock it if I hear her charging up the stairs with a rolling pin. lol) Although to be fair she hasn't attempted to wake me up for the past couple of days at the crack of dawn, I think even she has given up on our early morning battles.



I love her to bits but we're growing even further apart.

5 comments:

  1. I honestly think Snow White is totally to blame for this - and your mum is probably taking her side so Snow White doesn't make her stop seeing the grandkids. This probably isn't very helpful to you, but there is no way I would be able to reign in my temper about it! Plus, your mum knew how you felt about SW not being there at Xmas and blatantly let her come anyway.

    Ooooh @ that pic - not seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pic was taken at my 'first' birthday. (Back in the Victorian days. lol) My Dad could have at least put his cigarette out to sing 'Happy Birfday'. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But no picture from the 70s is complete without a cig burning away somewhere! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. god bless the brown outfits! and godbless YOU, ya little cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete