15.1.10

JOYOUS DAY.

Yesterday's dreary day ended on a high, a surprise visit from Joe. I didn't know he was even in Leicester. GOOD TIMES!

The surprises didn't end there. I woke this morning to the pitter patter of tiny feet. No, it wasn't Marvin arriving home early, it was Leah raiding my sweets. "PUT THEM DOWN!!! At least give me a hug before you rob all my maltesers." ha. Mum is babysitting today and Leah had managed to escape upstairs for a feast of chocolately goodness behind Granny-She's back. (Although we usually give the game away when she trots back downstairs with chocolate all round her mouth.) Maltesers for breakfast. Yum.

After I'd showered another parcel arrived. *squeep* Now, having had delivery of four parcels this week already and each one of them causing a major row about my spending habits on eBay I couldn't for the life of me think what I'd ordered. Surely not more postcards? Had I been sleep-ordering again during the night? I think vista print should have a limit on how many times I'm allowed to visit their site.... anywhoo, it was none of the above. (thankfully) Although the raised "what have you ordered now" eyebrow was waiting for me as the package was handed over I could clearly see by now that it was a gift from America. "Ha! IN YOUR FACE!" I grabbed the package and ran, as quick as my porky legs would allow back upstairs to the confines of the attic to rummage through the box.

It was a "beat the midwinter blues care package" from my dahling little nephew Maynard. JOYOUS DAY! What does one need to beat the midwinter blues you might ask? well, I'll tell you. Having gnawed the box open with my teeth I revealed a HUGE bag of mini-twix's. (Ideal for beating any blues, not only midwinter ones.) A great big bag of french roast coffee. (a daily nessesity in my opinion.) A tube of cadburys chocolate buttons. (I know Toberlone has taken over, but we all know my obsession for cadburys chocolate buttons knows no bounds.) A bag of peppermint drinking chocolate (minty and chocolatey!) and finally a bar of raspberry chocolate (and boy did my raspberry swirl!) All this accompanied by the cutest little letter from the trotter of Maynard T. Pig himself.



I feel loved.

Joe's coming over again tonight and as today was the first day in ages I haven't woken up to an inbox full of 'crappy unnessarsary messages' on Facebook I have a feeling that everything will remain fabulous for the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Kay (Primabowlerina)15 January 2010 at 07:14

    I'm glad you had a good day, Dave. You deserve it :>) Hugs, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay. Good to see you in blogland again too. We had some great times on the Myspace blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're having a good day Dave! It makes me happy when you're happy. Maynard must really like you. He wouldn't share half a Twix with me if I begged him.:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @ half a twix. Well I feel honoured, coz he sent me loads. haha. Good friends are hard to come by and I am so glad we found each other online. You're a STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Dave you are! I just read your post from yesterday and since I'm already commenting here I just want to say that you are truly a wonderful person. I wish so badly that you could see it the way I do and everyone else does. It pains me to hear about your cutting and what goes through your head. I'll never know or understand. I hope you keep moving in a positive direction. You're so talented and smart and you make me laugh daily! You are one of the few people I've met online that I consider a good friend. Thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for those kind words hun. I know it seems like I ignore comments like that, but they do help alot and I always try and focus on these comments when I'm feeling low to remind myself that people out there do care. I so wanted 2010 to be MY YEAR!! A year where I'd thrive and be fabulous at every turn. I'm trying desperately not to slip back into the depression that gripped me in 2009 and despite the odd slip, I still think things are better than they were last year. I'll get there in the end I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete