20.1.10

SURPRISE? YES, IT WAS.

If you'd have said to me lastnight "who will be the first person you'll speak to in the morning?" the last person I would have said is Snow White, but that's just who it was. I went downstairs and as I was opening the door to the hall there she was. (About to come up and see me so she says.) Part of me wishes I'd have left it a couple of minutes later before going downstairs to see if she actually would have dared come up to my part of the house on her own, we'll never know for sure. Anywhoo, my brother turns 30 in June and she is organising a surprise birthday party for him. *hopes he doesn't read this blog before June* If you are Kev - SURPRISE! Snow White wants me to design some birthday invitations for him. This will be an ideal birthday gift from me actually because Im never sure of what to buy him so I reckon birthday invites and a couple of banners will be fabulous. Just so happens I've been rumaging through babyphotos just lately so I have some ideal snaps for the occasion. The chat with Snow White was surreal, it was like we'd never had crossed words in our lives. I went into 'creative' mode and started showing her invitations I'd designed in the past, half of which were for parties I'd never invited her to. ha. (I wonder if she realised?) We settled on a design and she's going to get back to me with exactly she wants printing on the invitation. The party isn't until June so there's plenty of time.



Snow White was here today to ask my Mum if she'd collect Leah from school because she had to take Dylan for his latest set of jabs. Mum asked me if I wanted to accompany her, so I did. I was reluctant at first because being sat in a car alone with my Mum for half an hour didn't exactly appeal to me after the recent arguments, we've barely been able to stand each others company for 10 minutes before a row would errupt but I thought I'd give it a go. Leah started school back in September and I'd never been to collect her before so it was all new to me. I'm so glad I went, when we arrived the kids were busy getting their coats on and I could see them through the window. Leah looked so grown up surrounded by her fellow classmates. When the teacher saw my Mum they called Leah's name and she galloped forward to collect her bag/lunchbox etc. She had such a beaming smile on her face when she not only saw Grandma but her Uncle Dave too. ha. It gave me a real lift to see it. Thankfully I managed to avoid another interaction with Snow White because Mum will be there when Leah is collected and I can stay out of the way.

4 comments:

  1. LOL @ the title! YES IT WAS! Ooooh, I bet she wouldn't have come up - but it's good you spoke to her anyway and even better she's asked you to help with the party invites! I'm actually quite shocked at the thought of her organizing a party, but glad she's including you in it :) LMAO @ if your're reading this Kev...SURPRISE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me totally by surprise she even spoke to me at all. I don't think I'll go to the party tho, it's at the South Wigston club and will no doubt be filled with family. Will see nearer the time I guess. It'll be interesting to see if they pull it off without opening their big gobs, I can't see Snow White's family keeping ANYTHING to themselves. They planned a surprise party for Mick's 50th, but stupidly didn't tell everyone it was a surprise party. haha. Someone at work told him they'd be there and he had no clue what they meant at the time. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is wonderful news and if all parties involved let it, this could go a long way towards healing your family.

    I bet Leah was thrilled to see you. How old is she now? Is she in kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah is 3. She'll be 4 on May 4th. She goes to pre-school, so it's just 3 days a week at the moment. (Mon, Weds, Fri) I think she starts full time school in September.

    ReplyDelete