4.1.10

DANCING ON ICE?

I ventured outside today for the first time in ages. I was pretty much indoors over the entire Christmas period but the fridge was bare and I had some stuff to post. I got into the centre of Wigston just far enough to find an audience and slipped on the ice. ha. embarassed much? The ironic thing is several steps previous I stood in a big gob of chewing gum and could feel it still squelching and sticking to the pavement under my feet, even after I thought I'd removed it. You'd think this would be enough to keep me from slipping but no. Wasnt a bad fall, it must have looked more comical than anything and I was very embarassed when I realised people were watching. I AM NEVER GOING OUT AGAIN! (Not until Summer anyway.) I did manage to soldier on and post everything I need to. I even re-stocked the fridge so tonight we dine in style!! Don't get too excited, it's only cat-sausages.

I'd also like to say a HUGE thank you to anyone who spoke to me about my first blog. When I wrote it, I wasn't expecting the response I got from it at all. I feel really overwhelmed by it actually, some of you said some really kind words and it kinda re-lit that little glow inside of me. (which I'm very grateful for considering how bloody cold it is today.) Sometimes it's nice to be told people care, even if you know they do, just hearing it once in a while can be a real tonic. So thank you again for being here and reading the little snippets of my life being fed through this blog.

12 comments:

  1. I care :) and you're a wonderful writer and immensely funny! <3 I've been wanting to start one of these too...perhaps I will, but in the meantime I'll enjoy reading yours!
    P.S. Have a go at going out before Summer...you'll thank yourself <3<3<3

    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend blogging. Its very theraputic. Blogging is the only thing I miss about Myspace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I HATE the ice, hugs for you! I'm soooo lucky I haven't fallen yet, why don't the frickin council SO eomthing about it?? People HAVE DIED falling on the ice!!! But I'm glad you didn't, cos I care ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wiped out on the ice the other day. And it was still embarrassing even though no one was looking! I hate ice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should form our own 'falling on ice' tribute. We could tour the world in spandex!

    *catches sight of self in the mirror in spandex*

    Second thoughts... let's not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No we should! We can choreograph routines to Lady GaGa songs. It would be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just far enough to find an audience! lol Glad it wasn't a bad fall though :)

    *calls Wigston Council to enquire if they rent out their town centre CCTV footage!* ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG @ CCTV! I looked like dog shit on a stick this morning. (and that was BEFORE the ice encounter.) If my fall ends up on youtube dubbed with the 'Benny Hill' theme tune I'll know EXACTLY who to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate ice....I broke my hand a few years ago on the ice while saving a cheesecake.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. BUT on the brightside, at least you saved the cheesecake. lol

    ReplyDelete