5.2.10

SAME OLD FACES

It's strange how you can never quite let go of the past, however much you try. I was in Wigston today, minding my own business and mooching around the shops for something to do other than be stuck in the house and I came face to face with Carol Kirby. (well her face kinda headbutted my moobs in Pennywise, coz she's not the tallest woman in Wigston.) I haven't seen Carol since 2003. When I met Glyn for some reason Carol stopped seeing me, she didn't think he was right for me and eventually we totally lost touch altogether. Her daughter Toni was also in the shop and came bellowing down the aisle at me, mid-hug with Carol. Suddenly it was 2003 again, nothing had changed, despite the gap of 7 years. We stood gossiping for over half an hour in the shop, I only went in for a notebook and I left without even buying that. We exchanged phone numbers again (which I guess was a good idea, time will tell.) and will meet up again soon. I was going to suggest a coffee at the pub across the road but they had a bus to catch and well, the coffee would have probably turned into several vodkas knowing Carol and I really am going to try and not to drink so much. Turns out they both live near my brother now, a street or two away. Small world.

Soon as I got home I dug out a photograph of 'the three muskateers'. this was taken in 2003. (Ignore my ensemble of chins.)



Happy days?

4 comments:

  1. LMAO @ ensemble of chins! :D

    I have one thing to say about this blog..... 'PENNYWISE'?!?!?!?!?!?!? Mavis has corrupted you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pennywise is BARGAIN CENTRAL!! Where else could you buy THREE AIRFRESHENERS FOR £1!?!?! lol

    I eventually got my notebook from Osbournes. £4.95 it was!! Bloody rip off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *chokes* @ BARGAIN CENTRAL! :D

    Three airfreshners for a quid?!?!?!?! What do they smell of? looooooooooool

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's three different scents:

    chilli, yellow snow and lavender. lol! BARGAIN!

    ReplyDelete