10.2.10

LITTLE RED BOOK

Don't you just hate it when you take something to the till in a shop and they say "Anything else?" (well yes, there is actually. I haven't finished shopping yet I just thought I'd come and show off what I'd bought so far.) SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!! Of course I don't want anything else or I would have asked for it / brought it to the till with me.

I went into the stationery shop on Bell Street today in search of a new notebook. I was pounced upon the second I opened the door. "Can I help?" (Yes, you can leave me alone for a start.) I explained what I was looking for, which they didn't have, but instead of accepting they didn't have what I wanted the annoying little man who served me proceeded to show me every notebook in the shop. NO! NO! NO! If I'm going to buy a ridiculously overpriced notebook I at least want the one I requested.

I trecked further into the depths of Wigston to Osbourne's Stationers (on a par expense wise but without the annoying little shop keeper.) again they had a vast amount of notebooks but not the one I had in mind, at least they allowed me to browse before pouncing on me. I eventually found a notebook that I wanted. (well, it was not the one I originally wanted to buy but it'll do.)



Does anyone remember 'the happy book'? well the book is basically an updated version of that. The intention of this book is to get everyone to write in it at some point. When I see you I'll have it with me. I don't care what you write, draw or stick in it... well, actually there are some limitations to what I'll allow you to stick in it, but hopefully no-one will feel the urge to do that. You can write as often as you like as long as it's filled up between us. It will be so cool to fill this book up throughout 2010 with random thoughts, messages, comments, etc. Just like its predecessor.

The following images were 'stolen' from the original happy book to give you an idea of what I'm rambling on about:







GOOD TIMES!

8 comments:

  1. I wanna write in it nowww!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *posts it to you* haha. I get sooo excited over new notebooks. (sad, but true. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES I DO HATE THAT!!!! Why do they ask that?!?! Are they tards?

    When people ask me can they help, my bog standard response is 'No.' Just that - I let it hang in the air! *unless I actually do need help, of course - then it's a different story - help can't be found for love nor money!*

    What was it you were particularly looking for in a notebook? What specific type and why that type? *nosey? Me? YES!*

    You SO KNOW I am gonna write boring shit in your happy book next time I see it - jut like I did last time - cos I hate writing and I'm not artistic! :D I bet you can't wait to see! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. The exact one I wanted was 'collins ideal: reference 588. feint with 288 pages'

    You'd think being THAT clear they cud have ordered me one. hahaha.

    In the end I had to settle for a smaller collins one, with less pages, but its as good as Wigston had to offer. I even looked on ebay etc. No joy for that particular book.

    I'm sure you can come up with a few gems to write when you're pissed. Roll on 20th March!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooooooooooh that's *such* a cool idea!!! I'm getting one!!

    And LMAO @ "can I help you", I hate it too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books are well cool to look back on. I've been having so much fun reading the old one. It takes ages for it to kick start but once people start writing, others will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it too when the situation is vice versa ; when you desperately needed some form of assistance but there isn't a single soul in the shop to help .

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's usually the case, when you NEED them to help they're nowhere to be seen, when you just wanna browse they're basically expecting you to 'piggy back' them around the shop.

    ReplyDelete