25.2.10

ANGELA OF DEATH

I could have died of shame today! (ok, that's probably a bit dramatic.) But I ALMOST DID DIE OF SHAME!!! I ventured out into Wigston for a mooch around the shops and I found myself in Wilkinsons. As anyone who knows me will know I always get spots (my love of chocolate knows no bounds.) so there I was in Wilkinsons choosing some stuff to hopefully help the problem that is my FACE! I bought facial scrub, facial wash, spot consealer and on the way to the till I remembered I needed some glue. (pritt stick.) As the delightful old bag at the till was serving me, slower than any of the other checkout assistants, I might add, she blipped my purchases one by one, seemingly examining everyone as she did and yells out for the rest of the queue forming to hear... "Oh my daughter uses this one, it's very good." Yeah, thanks for attracting even more attention to me Angela, (according to her sparkly name badge, that was her name.) Carry on. Of course then she thought all her christmases had come at once when the last thing she blipped was in fact the pritt stick. "Are things THAT bad?" she said holding the pritt stick up in my face. before cackling like a witch. Talk about over familiarity!!!! Just because you feel the need to tell me your life story doesn't give you the right to enquire about mine. I didn't know where to look. I smiled and probably turned sixteen different shades of red before stuffing my purchases in my bag and running for the hills. If ever there was a good reason for shopping online Angela would be it.



I hate being outside sometimes. (Most of the time.) I hate it when strangers talk to me when I need to get from A to B. Its not that I'm anti-social or rude, it's just I panic alot when I'm out and about, it takes me all my time to focus on what I'm doing and where I need to be going. If people stop to talk to me it brings on this overwhelming sense of panic I feel the need to run away. I have therapy sessions which sometimes cover this kind of stuff, whilst I know what I should do in situations like this, it never quite prepares me for when it actually happens. I feel like such a tit.

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ nearly died of shame! Not surprised if you were in Wilkinson's! ;p And Angela - we can see why it is you work there! :D

    ReplyDelete