15.6.10

BALLS!



I left my cheesy balls in Tesco. (No, that's not a euphemism.) I did a big shop today, hoarding supplies for the weekend and it would appear that some of the nibbles I bought didn't make it through the checkout. BUGGER! I must have left them at the end of the conveyor belt. I checked the receipt and neither the cheesy balls or cheese & chive discs were on it. Maybe this is Gods way of telling me to cut out the maize snacks and go for something more healthy? Panic not weekend guests - I shall replenish supplies tomorrow. No party is complete without cheesy balls.

When I got home I found 4 missed calls on my phone. (Yes, I know mobile phones were invented so you can actually take them out of the house and use them but it would appear my brain always forgets to actually pick mine up.) They were all from a witheld number, which normally would mean they were from JAM. She's the only person whoever rings me from a witheld number, so out of politeness and a semi-panic as to what she might want I called her. The receptionist who answered said JAM wasn't there (Surprise - NOT!) and wasn't due back until Thursday. (This is quite odd coz she only works Monday to Wednesday at the Cedars. So i'm sure this 'Thursday' will become a 'Monday' at some point. I don't know why they just don't write AWOL on her board and have done with it. No-one seemed to know anything about her wanting to contact me though, so I'm assuming it can't have been that important. My guess is she was calling to cancel the next appointment, if indeed it was actually her? Who knows.

What a blinding blog of interest this turned out to be - I'm sure you'll agree.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh no @ no cheesy balls!!

    No surprise if the phone was JAM! Why does she work at all? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly @ JAM! I'm 100% sure it was her ringing to cancel our appointment on Wednesday, but we'll see. If it was just a random cold caller they wouldn't have called 4 times in the space of an hour. I normally have an answerphone option, but for some reason it's turned off.

    ReplyDelete