25.8.10

TIRED EYES [BURNING LIKE FIRE?]

It is impossible to sleep in this place. My bedroom window overlooks a street full of old people, well they do actually have homes they live in, they're not just lined up in the street or anything and most nights one of their alarms will go off, of course 90% of them can't hear the alarm if they've already taken their hearing aids out so its of little help. Lastnight one of the alarms was going off for about an hour from around 1am. I couldn't sleep at all once I'd been woken. No-one came to answer the call of this alarm, so I don't actually know what the point of having said alarm was, or why it was even going off, it just stopped at exactly 2.11am. SILENCE - Until the phone rang at 7.30am that is and the deep husky voice of a courrier bellowed down the phone that he'd been trying to deliver a parcel (the missing printer ink!) for the last couple of days but couldnt find my house. I asked if he was actually anywhere near my street, he said no, he was at home, so I gave him directions for the local area, not actually thinking that 'home' for him could have been Bristol, coz 3 hours later he still hasn't arrived, but coz I was expecting him I was forced out of bed at 7.30am. It feels like I've not slept properly in weeks - oh yeah, that's because I HAVEN'T!!! I'm in such a grumpy mood these days is 6 hours uninterrupted sleep toooo much to ask for?

4 comments:

  1. Kay (Primabowlerina)25 August 2010 at 05:52

    One Christmas in Florida a neighbor went away and something set off their alarm. The police didn't respond or didn't care. Anyway that alarm sounded constantly for 10 days!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... @ 10 days.

    I was ready to smash the place up after 10 minutes - I'd have never made it through to 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you poor thing!!!! I have a neighbor whose car alarm goes off all night ....if I can hear it you'd think she'd hear it also , it's in HER driveway!!! then when you think " I'll take a little nap " during the day , it goes off again! so I've given up on naps & a peaceful nights sleep ! hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nightmare! I feel the same way, about sleep...

    ReplyDelete