11.7.10

LIFE'S A BEACH

I watched the film Beaches tonight. Such a lovely film, so moving - cried loads. It got me thinking about friendships really. I don't seem to be able to hold onto friendships for very long. I don't really know why? I could hazzard a guess but I guess I'll never know for sure why things don't work out for the best. Circumstances change, People move on I suppose. I am such a miserable bitch to be around sometimes, I know this without having to be told - although on occasion it still has come as a shock when some people have felt the need to say it. I don't have a childhood friend I've grown up with. I didn't keep in touch with any of my school friends, a few of them have found me on Facebook from time to time, we added each other, caught up on the last ten years or so and realised we still had nothing in common so went our seperate ways again. (Total waste of time.) The friends I've made in the past and got close to, in the end I've either pissed them off, slept with them, or moaned too much, eitherway the end result is the same - they've gone out of my life. Don't get me wrong though, I do have friends, some I hold really close, I have the two most bestest friends in the world and if it wasn't for their support I probably wouldn't be here now writing this shit, but I can't help thinking when that day will come when they'll go too. I'm not gonna have Bette Midler drop everything and come running to me when I'm dying. I'm gonna die alone and I'll only have myself to blame.



Life's a beach.

6 comments:

  1. I certainly won't be going anywhere!! I'm as nutty as you but in a quieter, more subtle way *yeah, I play with dolls! lol* I didn't watch Beaches - saw it yrs ago, amazing film , but try to avoid it now as much as poss, even though I know what a brilliant film it is! Watched footie cos, well, Malc's back and he was rooting for ESPANA!! *HIGH 5's SPAIN!* Then watched pre-recorded BB and Chatty Man! *Boo Hiss @ footie running to overtime! lol*

    You will NOT die alone. You might die in Clacton though - I recommend bringing a stab vest tbh! ;p

    We're all moody fuckers sometimes! I am a LOT, I just don't have Marvin to articulate it for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO @ You might die in Clacton tho. HAHAHA! I shall write my will before we set off then, just incase. I'm leaving all my debts to Marvin!

    I think thats mainly my problem - when I'm moody, I don't just keep it to myself, I let Marv say it for me and then finish it off myself, I'm too vocal for my own good and it does come across as "miserable fucking bastard" 99% of the time. I turn everything into a moan when really I should just turn the PC off and walk away for a bit until I've calmed down.

    As you know I have no interest in Football but I did happen to notice that Spain had won! fe-fe-fe-fe-fe! I bet Malc has a right hangover this morning following lastnights celebrations? haha.

    Horrah for being as nutty as me! Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ leave all your debts to Marv! Like he has ANY intention of paying! :D

    I do that if I'm fucked off - I just fuck off for a bit before I get more wound up! It's no good for one's blood pressure, you know, to be wound up! :D *my blood pressure is low, not high, so that tells you how well I deflect annoyances! VERY well*

    I hate football too, but do like to see the final of World Cup *depending on who is playing* Naturally with Malc being here he INSISTED we watch Spain! He is very hungover today! I've taken to calling him 'M'alcopop'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was re-reading this and I can see slight similarities between you and me .
    The only thing is I'd yet to sleep with any of my friends !
    No offence huh .
    I admit you can be fierce and str8 4ward talking at times but as much people that you'd piss off , there are many who love you all the same .
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the nicest possible way that I can say this... you push people away and expect everyone else to pick up the slack because of it! You have the best of mates, but you'll lose them one by one and it'll be done by your own actions! Sucha shame, such a waste

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you there, it's happened before. No one's forcing you to stick around though, you know where the door is. (assuming you haven't left already.)

    ReplyDelete